Preventative Maintenance Plans
Have you sanitized your garbage disposal recently? When was the last time you drained and refilled your water heater? Is cleaning the showerheads on your to-do list?
There’s a good chance your answer to these questions is, “who actually takes the time to do those things?” Well, HandyVets does. And here’s why:
Preventive maintenance can mean the difference between maintaining the value in your home or depleting the equity you might have gained; keeping hard earned cash in your pocket, or throwing it down the drain. Routine home analysis and maintenance is a minor investment to protect the biggest investment you will ever make. The best news? A study by researchers at the University of Connecticut and Syracuse University suggests that maintenance actually increases the value of a house by about 1 percent each year.
Why should you do regular home maintenance?
- To maintain the value of the property
- More beautiful, comfortable, and enjoyable to live in
- Minimize unexpected repair work and expense
- Sells faster and usually for more money
- Keep costs from becoming larger through neglect
- Reduce family safety and health risks
- A lender’s agreement usually requires the owner to maintain the property to protect the lender’s financial interest
Sobering home safety statistics:
(Sources: US Consumer Product Safety Commission & National Fire Protection Association)
- 15,600 dryer fires occur each year resulting in property damage exceeding $75 million dollars. Leading cause? Lack of Maintenance!
- 20,000 people are treated in hospital emergency rooms each year for injuries related to garage doors.
- 15,260 injuries and 2660 deaths annually due to failure or problems with smoke alarms, sprinklers and fire extinguishers.
- 38,300 reported home electrical fires including 120 deaths and 390 injuries associated with electrical wiring, circuit breakers, fuses and meters.
HandyVets specializes in proactively and systematically keeping your home operating and functioning at its best. Our preventative maintenance plans help hundreds of St. Louis families avoid major, costly home malfunctions and disasters each year. Contact us today to learn more about how our Preventative Maintenance Plans can help maintain (and in some cases increase) the value of your home.
Hire A Handyman Today!
What Others Are Saying About HandyVets
“HandyVets is the greatest organization I’ve ever worked with. They can do most things and at a reasonable price. They gave me great suggestions, worked hard & came through for me when I really needed help. I will always call HandyVets first."
“Ben’s level of professionalism and passion for doing things the right way made partnering with HandyVets an easy decision. We are very happy with the level of service we receive and look forward to our continued partnership.”